SOLVED

How does "Allow to add guests" tenant-level setting work with the group-level setting of same name?

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I'm testing group setting templates, specifically the Group.Unified. template includes the setting "Allow to Add Guests". This same setting is also found at the group level.

I want to answer "Can owners add guests" knowing the state of this setting at both levels.

In my testing various combinations, I was expecting that the group level setting state would supersede the tenant level one - I was wrong, see the results in the table below.

Is it correct to conclude that the group level setting only comes to play, and wins, if the tenant level setting is not "False", ie. "not set" or True? Basically disabling guest addition by owners at the tenant level leaves no room to open it up at the group level.

Is there a clear rule how these work together?

Thanks!

Tenant setting stateGroup setting stateExpected result for adding guestsTesting result
TRUETRUETRUEadded
TRUEFALSEFALSEcould not add via portal by owner
TRUEnot setTRUEadded
not setnot setTRUEadded
not setTRUETRUEadded
not setFALSEFALSEcould not add via portal by owner
FALSETRUETRUE?? nope
could not add via portal by owner :(
FALSEFALSEFALSEcould not add via portal by owner
FALSEnot setFALSEcould not add via portal by owner
2 Replies
best response confirmed by Sonia Bounardjian (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

To answer your question, this is expected behavior and today, Tenant level setting supersedes the group level setting.

If guest addition is blocked at tenant level, you won't be able to add a guest even if group level setting is enabled.

I appreciate the confirmation Monica - now can get the go ahead to show the effective status of that setting for each group :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sonia Bounardjian (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

To answer your question, this is expected behavior and today, Tenant level setting supersedes the group level setting.

If guest addition is blocked at tenant level, you won't be able to add a guest even if group level setting is enabled.

View solution in original post