SOLVED

Windows Phone

Copper Contributor

Considering getting a Windows Phone.

Is anyone using a windows phone for education.

Would like something with a stylus like a Samsung Note.

or should I stick with Android?

Please let me know what phone you use or if there is recommendation for a new phone. thx.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

I really wanted to like Windows Phone. It seems though that it is not that popular and this has led Microsoft to not support it that much any more. Often the apps that are available for Android and iPhone are not available for Windows Phone. It also seems that Microsoft has given up on the race and has actively started to develop apps for the other platforms, so that you do not need a Windows Phone anymore for Microsoft Apps. I'm still using a Windows Phone but I got my wife a Huawei P9 lite, which is an Android phone. It is very nice, nicer than mine. The Huawei P9 lite does not have a stylus. I think the Samsung Note is still king there (in the land of mobile phones.) Obviously the Microsoft Surface Pro is king in the land of Hybrid devices which support inking.

I saw a HP model but no stylus. MS should could create smaller Surface tablet/better phone.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

I really wanted to like Windows Phone. It seems though that it is not that popular and this has led Microsoft to not support it that much any more. Often the apps that are available for Android and iPhone are not available for Windows Phone. It also seems that Microsoft has given up on the race and has actively started to develop apps for the other platforms, so that you do not need a Windows Phone anymore for Microsoft Apps. I'm still using a Windows Phone but I got my wife a Huawei P9 lite, which is an Android phone. It is very nice, nicer than mine. The Huawei P9 lite does not have a stylus. I think the Samsung Note is still king there (in the land of mobile phones.) Obviously the Microsoft Surface Pro is king in the land of Hybrid devices which support inking.

View solution in original post