Unable to add IT Pro Cloud Essentials

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

I started Azure with the free trial and once its expired added a pay as you go subscription.

When I try to add IT  Pro Cloud Essential or Visual Studio Dev subscriptions it does not allow me to add and displays the following error.

We cannot proceed with signup due to an issue with your account. Please contact support

Opened up a support ticket and Azure support is saying this is due to the expired Trial account.  I found no way to remove the trial.

Is there any way for me to add the above-mentioned subscriptions?

Thanks in advance,

-Dhanushka

27 Replies

Just to let you know I reached out to AzureSupport on Twitter earlier today on your behalf and it sounded encouraging.  They said then can flag this with the right team at Microsoft for you. Hopefully, this can then get sorted out.

Hello Cian,

Thanks a bunch, really appreciate your efforts.  Is there anything that I need to from my end or are they going to contact me over this post?

Regards,

Dhanushka

Hi Dhanushka, good question, that wasn't so clear, to be honest.  I did ask them if I could relay a message from them via this discussion to you but nothing was forthcoming.  I'll ping them again tomorrow and see if anything comes out of it.  Either way, it sounded like there were going to pass your details on to the appropriate team to hopefully get this moving.

Hi Cian,

No problem, once again thanks for your help, I will let you know if they contact me in the meantime.

Regards,

Dhanushka

I have the exactly same problem!
In my case I had opened a support ticket trough my Azure account and I recommend you to do the same. (In the left menu, close to the bottom "help + support")

The problem is that they are asking me credit card details trough email and I refuse to give them. I dont understand why the need to do that

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the reply but my situation is a bit different to you.

1.  I already opened a support ticket and the details mentioned above were given by MS support which to me makes no sense because though I used the 1 month Trial and since its expired already I should be able to add another promotion to my Pay as you go subscription.  I asked for an explanation and for the last 48 hours received no feedback.

2. They never asked me for the credit card numbers and if they did just like you I will not provide those via email for sure.

Microsoft is pushing us, the partners to adopt Azure and encourage that we do the same for our clients but if this is the kind of support we get, even for a simple matter like this we need to think twice befoe moving forward.

-Dhanushka

I asked AzureSupport for an update a short while ago and they came back with this - We have raised this internally so that an engineer can respond..

Hopefully they can sort it out, so hang tight.

Hi Cian,

Thanks again for your help.

Do you want me to PM the Azure ticket number, the subscription in question is not under this email address/user name.

-Dhanushka

My problem was solved. After some emails back and forth I now have the offer activated in my Azure account. Yupii! :)

Glad to hear Miguel, I m hoping that I will have the same outcome....

-Dhanushka

I`m extremely happy to see your proactivity in helping other community members, @Cian Allner! Right on!

Regarding the Cloud Essentials, I`m glad to see support has been able to help @Miguel Lobato and that you guys are on it for @Dhanushka Vithanage.

@Mark Winters, for your awareness that these 2 trial accounts had trouble on initiating the Cloud Essentials offer.

Keep it up guys :)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your post and as you mentioned  I really do appreciate the efforts of Cian, going above and beyond to assist me in sorting this issue out.

Hope that  @Mark Winters can chime in and expedite the process.

Best,

Dhanushka

A quick update, I have passed on the support ticket number to the guys at AzureSupport that @Dhanushka Vithanage had previously logged, with a recap and they got back to me very quickly - We see that the engineer is working on this currently and you should see more soon.

So hopefully not too much longer now!

Hi Cian,

Yes, I got a reply from Azure support, after over 48 hours of non-activity of what so ever stating that it was the off day for the assigned engineer.

Then he asked me if I was trying to add the IT pro Cloud Essentials subscription even though I have clearly mentioned that starting from my original request.  After me replying "Yes" to that question then again there is no response for the last 9 hours.

This is taking way too much time and effort not only myself but of the others such as Cian and I do not understand why and if someone who is responsible for the Azure support team is monitoring these forums, I would like them to provide me with an answer for these huge delays.

-Dhanushka

I have had another bash at this today with AzureSupport, not sure what to make of it, here is what they said -  Can you advise if you are receiving updates through the related incident (confirmed previously through DM)?

Since your last update on Tuesday @Dhanushka Vithanage, have they followed it up at all with your support request?

Hi Cian,

Thanks for the update, had several hectic days so could not put any time on this.  They want to log into my system to check so left details to schedule a remote session.

-Dhanushka

Thanks for the latest info. Glad they are communicating with you and I hope that the remote session is the breakthrough and this can then be quickly resolved for you.  Not sure my advocating has made much difference but I think it was worth trying.  More importantly, soon, assuming they come through, you will have IT Pro Cloud Essentials on your account, which will be great!