Where are my 6,372 Files?

Copper Contributor

I am seeing this in my OneDrive for Business as a notice:

MikeEangelo_0-1709154345106.png

However, when I view my files the files that I see are from a week ago:

MikeEangelo_1-1709154409660.png

So where are these 6,372 files?  I do not want to restore 6,372 files on my machine unless I know what they are.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

8 Replies

Look in your online Recycle Bin.

Your OfB account is administered by your organisation or school. Contact their help desk for support.

This is a public forum with no access to your files (and do not provide it to anyone here who requests it!)
Hi @Mike Williams thank you for your reply. The screenshot I provided above is from my online Recycle Bin. I am the owner of my organization and I have no idea where to look. It's pretty remarkable that OneDrive will tell me there are 6K files somewhere but not provide me with a viable way to review them. I have no idea what they are.
Are you using OneDrive personal (white cloud icon) or Business (blue)?

From a fragmentary screenshot it's impossible to diagnose what folders might be involved with 6000 files. Suggest using the Microsoft support link in the Web view.

> Are you using OneDrive personal (white cloud icon) or Business (blue)?
As mentioned in the first sentence of my post, I am using OneDrive for Business.

> From a fragmentary screenshot it's impossible to diagnose what folders might be involved with 6000 files

Just think how I feel actually using the application where it's apparently impossible to know what those 6k files are. :grinning_face_with_sweat::loudly_crying_face:

> Suggest using the Microsoft support link in the Web view
Really? :thinking_face: Beyond incredible to have an app with such a poor user experience that results in such a suggestion on a support forum. When I click on "Get Help" on One Drive for Business this is what I see:

MikeEangelo_0-1709191507797.png

No mention of contacting anyone.  Poor user experience and subsequent support.

1. I'm confirming the product. Many people post the wrong details.
2. I've managed millions of files on these accounts. I can't evaluate your capability from a screenshot.
3. I contact Microsodt support through the Web and mobile app interfaces because they can actually look at my account, which is not possible with volunteers in a public forum.
Thank you very much for your assistance and context, Mike. To be certain my comments were about OneDrive's support, not yours. :)
i'm on one drive personal and this issue just started for me also. mine also has been stuck on processing 92,000 changes.
Glad to hear I am not the only one w/ grief. OneDrive has gotten a bit better over the years but it still has issues like this. I too have had the changes messages and had to reset OneDrive, which is not as bad as it used to be.

In this case, I am being shown a message for a *lot* of files that I cannot find anywhere. You would think OneDrive would provide a link to review the files before restoring but here we are. 🤷‍:male_sign: