Teams Organisation/tenant name and microsoft contract

Copper Contributor
Is there any link between the tenant/organisation name that appears on the top right hand corner of the teams and the contract / subscription that you have with Microsoft?

I am in a company that works in 5 different countries. We go as Group-ABC but actually it is 5 different legal entities. We currently have teams but 5 different organisations/ entities are created to be selected from to top right corner in teams. This create colloaboration difficulties on teams when managing projects as all five countries share resources accross different projects.

I want our IT in country-X to change it to Group-ABC. But the country-X IT team says it cannot be done because of the Microsoft contract they have.

I understand that Microsoft subscription billing and invoice might be linked to the actual legal company name. I also read that organisation name and billing address can be different.

1. Is there a link between the Teams organisation name that appears on the top right corner and the name used for Microsoft O365 contract?

2. Can i change/edit/rename the current country-X organisation name n Microsoft Teams to Group-ABC without affecting microsoft contract or name of the company used in O365 invoice?

Thank you.
0 Replies