SOLVED

Team video call is lagging

Copper Contributor

Hi, my team video call is frequently lagging, and very frustrating. I checked the internet speed which is very good with 10 Mb/s download, and 8 Mb.s upload (different software gave different test result).

I have 8GB RAM (6.89 GB usable), and AMD A9-9425 RADECON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+ 3g, 3.10 GHz, latest window 10. 

By the way, zoom is lagging too, but online movie has no issue.

The hardware, and internet seems fine to me, don't know what else I should looking for. 

Please help

Tony

5 Replies
probably a web cam device or driver causing the system to lag. Is it your video you see lag or everyone elses? If you turn off your video cam does it improve? In Teams, your video cam will lag if you don't use background effects (blur, image etc.) lately due to a bug, but if other's video's are lagging then it very well could be hardware related, but ti should be able to handle basic video calls fine. Since both zoom and Teams do it, I'd lean to hardware, but it may be video camera and not exactly your cpu etc.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Tony_Fei  Can you please try to >>

Turn Off GPU Hardware Acceleration

1. First, open up Microsoft Teams and then navigate to the profile icon at the top-right corner of your window.
  2. Now, move your mouse down and click on Settings.
3. By default, you should be directed to the General tab. Displayed here is a list of features, look for and check Disable GPU Hardware Acceleration.

When you’re finished with these steps, you’ll have to restart Microsoft Teams for the changes to take effect. Before you do so, you can check the next method where we’ll be disabling another CPU-problematic feature.

Disable Read Receipts
  1. With Microsoft Teams open from the previous method, click on the profile icon at the top-right corner of your window.
  2. Now, navigate down to Settings.
3. On the left pane, click on Privacy and look for Read Receipts
4. Toggle the switch to off.
This works for me!!!!!

@Rahat_IqbIal 

I am having this same issue on my brand new Surface Pro 7   but when I try your solution i don't have the same options in Teams general settings. I only have a display and translate options under general settings. Now what? What's the fix for me because i bought this laptop specifically to do web meetings!

@Paolo1580 awsome! but it resets every once and a while, I am trying to find a way to save/allow without It being done every day.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Tony_Fei  Can you please try to >>

Turn Off GPU Hardware Acceleration

1. First, open up Microsoft Teams and then navigate to the profile icon at the top-right corner of your window.
  2. Now, move your mouse down and click on Settings.
3. By default, you should be directed to the General tab. Displayed here is a list of features, look for and check Disable GPU Hardware Acceleration.

When you’re finished with these steps, you’ll have to restart Microsoft Teams for the changes to take effect. Before you do so, you can check the next method where we’ll be disabling another CPU-problematic feature.

Disable Read Receipts
  1. With Microsoft Teams open from the previous method, click on the profile icon at the top-right corner of your window.
  2. Now, navigate down to Settings.
3. On the left pane, click on Privacy and look for Read Receipts
4. Toggle the switch to off.

View solution in original post