SOLVED

Structure teams and channels

Brass Contributor
Hello,
I have been structuring msteams in the way that I create different teams for each client project. This seems to be the recommendation in the industry as a good practice.

On each project/team, we use planner to track specific actions that need to be done as part of a project milestone. Like a to-do. But its display in planner as bucket view. This is quite usefull.

The challange i have is that unfortunately I dont have visibility over the different actions across the different projects/teams.

What I want is to be able to understand what actions are open across the multiple projects and e.g. if I a user has been assigned tasks within multiple projects/teams I can review.

Any ideas on how to achieve?

Thank you
4 Replies
Hi @Rui Cabral

This is coming in the new task experience in Teams announced at Ignite. See here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/planner-blog/announcing-tasks-in-teams-a-coherent-task-manage...

It brings all tasks together in an all up view - personal to do tasks, planner tasks and microsoft teams tasks. It should be rolling out in the new few months or so.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris
Hi Chris,
Thank you. Do we know when ia the feature due to be release or is there ia an earlier adopters program?
best response confirmed by Rui Cabral (Brass Contributor)
Solution
There is no definitive timeframes yet. It is known that its a high priority with the team

In terms of early adopter programs, if you are a microsoft partner they may have a TAP program (private preview). I would reach out to your Microsoft account manager to enquire if any such options are available to you.

I would also keep an eye on both
1.) Microsoft 365 Roadmap
2.) Message Centre in Microsoft 365 Portal

This will give you a heads up!

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard looks like sometime between May and end of July this should be available. Great.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rui Cabral (Brass Contributor)
Solution
There is no definitive timeframes yet. It is known that its a high priority with the team

In terms of early adopter programs, if you are a microsoft partner they may have a TAP program (private preview). I would reach out to your Microsoft account manager to enquire if any such options are available to you.

I would also keep an eye on both
1.) Microsoft 365 Roadmap
2.) Message Centre in Microsoft 365 Portal

This will give you a heads up!

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post