Planner export - Checklist fields ( All popoulate in one excel cell but out of sequence ?)

Copper Contributor

Hi  - When I export a plan from the Planner app. The task card information populates into various cells in excel. If you have a checklist it exports all of the checklist  items into one cell - which is not great. Furthermore it misses up the sequence of the checklist within the cell. I cannot undersatnd how to make the checklist at least arrive in sequence . Is this a bug ? Has anyone found a way to make the export arive in sequence? Any help gratefully received on how to resolve, Thanks 

1 Reply

@suzaroo I don't have a solution for the export process, but I've noticed the tasks in the checklist are separated by a ";".  My solution was to use the "Text to Columns" function to create additional columns for each item in the check list.  You have to move the column to the end (after the Labels column) then it will open the wizard and create all the tasks.  I know this isn't a permanent Microsoft solution, but it got me through my issues with export rather quickly.

missyllane_0-1604339213364.png