SOLVED

Jabra PanaCast stopped working after Teams Update to version 1.6.00.4472 (64 bits)

Copper Contributor

Anyone knows how to fix that my Jabra PanaCast cam stopped working after Teams Update to version 1.6.00.4472 (64 bits). The camera is not even on the list of devices. The camera works with other apps.

19 Replies
Same problem. Windows 11 Pro. Camera works via Windows Camera app, Teams Online via Edge, and even Windows settings shows the preview of the camera. Just Microsoft Teams Desktop app does not work (no camera found). Uninstall/re-install teams did not fix. Checked all privacy settings and drivers, no issues.
Sounds like Jabra needs to update the drivers. Try that first and check if there are any new camera drivers. Also in the mean time you can downgrade Teams client to the previous version. It should be 1.6.00.1381.
You can use the following url which should get you that previous version. https://statics.teams.microsoft.com/production-windows-x64/1.6.00.1381/Teams_windows_x64.exe
Don't forget Teams will periodically wants to update to the latest version so it is just a temp workaround until there is a final solutions.

Thanks  @kriszteamsexpert . The cam works with the previous version, the thing is that in a corporate environment downgrading the version is not available (at least for the moment). We have been told that Microsoft will be patching and updating Teams, not sure when. 

I see, yes its not really possible to mass downgrade. I just suggested as it could be some option on critical computers. Also I checked and the latest preview version is 1.6.00.6754 so you could try to test that. If that version still doesn't work well it just means MS is not shipped it yet out to the public. Could take some time.
best response confirmed by ealgorta (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ealgorta the camera is only affected when the microphones are ON. If you do not use the cameras own micrphones a quick workaround could be to turn the microphone off. To do so,
- connect it to a Computer with installed Jabra Direct Software

- go to "Updates" section of Jabra Direct

- click on "Options" next to the Jabra PanaCast

- set the mic switch to OFF and

- click "Modify"

This will rewrite the cameras firmware without microphone option. After that the camera should be available again in MS Teams App.

Fun fact: As far as I can see in my own tests only local MS Teams App in Windows is affected, it works fine on Mac and through browser.

Once The issue is fixed in the app, you can use same procedure as above to turn the mics back ON again.

Thanks, best solution for the moment!!!

@Thomas_1974 

Muy buena solución, yo estoy actualizando 1 de las que tengo de prueba, tengo varias Panacast que no están funcionando, así que realizare esta prueba primero. Esperemos que MS Teams pueda resolver este tema ya que estas cámaras estaban preparadas para funcionar con esta aplicación.

La prueba que has realizado es correcta solo falla con la versión instalada en la pc, en la web funciona y con Webex también sin problemas.

@jsellaro Hola estimado buenos días. ¿Te reconoció la Panacast en la versión 1.6.00.4472 tras desactivar los micrófonos? ¿Cómo lograste hacer que funcionara? Actualmente tengo este problema con Teams 1.6.00.4472, no me reconoce el dispositivo. Ayuda urgente.

Si, funciona perfectamente luego de deshabilitar el mic.

Hola @Jllancce ya quedo configurada con los pasos que indicaron en el foro mas arriba. 

Tenes que instalar en una computadora el software de jabra direct lo descargas desde aquí .

Luego una vez que instalas el programa, conectas la cámara al puerto usb y en Jabra Direct vas a la opción Updates y vas a ver la cámara PanaCast, pulsas el botón Options > Modify

jsellaro_0-1680183324497.png 

Luego desactivas el botón de Microphone. y pulsas Modify

jsellaro_1-1680183453946.png

Luego de ese paso estará actualizando el firmware de la cámara. Demora unos 5 minutos aproximadamente.

Con ese cambio ya te deja utilizar la cámara con el Teams instalado de la versión 1.6.00.4472.

Nota: En la versión de Teams en la nube y en otros programas funciona sin problemas con el micrófono activo. Solo no funciona en la versión instalada en la pc.

Exitos.

@Thomas_1974 hi, same problem here. Thank you for the solution. 

in JAbra Direct, updates : I could not find the "option " and mic setting you mentionned. 

BUT

I opened windows 10 control panel (oldschool panel) // show device and printers // JAbra panacast : right click  : go to "audio settings" : second tab : "input" "or "record" ? my OS is in French). 

in the input source : microphone jabra panacast : right lick and select "deactivate". 

restart Teams. 

It worked for me : the Panacast was available again. 

Has this been fixed yet? Or still an issue? I don't want to disable the microphone as we don't have a secondary mic.

Step 1: Jabra Panacast firmware updated via the Jabra Direct Software.

Step 2: Microsoft Teams software updated then shut down and restarted.

Seems to work fine now as of 8th May 2023

@ealgorta 

@ealgorta Try to disable GPU-hardware acceleration in teams (settings-general). Works for me

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ealgorta (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ealgorta the camera is only affected when the microphones are ON. If you do not use the cameras own micrphones a quick workaround could be to turn the microphone off. To do so,
- connect it to a Computer with installed Jabra Direct Software

- go to "Updates" section of Jabra Direct

- click on "Options" next to the Jabra PanaCast

- set the mic switch to OFF and

- click "Modify"

This will rewrite the cameras firmware without microphone option. After that the camera should be available again in MS Teams App.

Fun fact: As far as I can see in my own tests only local MS Teams App in Windows is affected, it works fine on Mac and through browser.

Once The issue is fixed in the app, you can use same procedure as above to turn the mics back ON again.

View solution in original post