Copy "Teams Space" connection details from one meeting to another

Copper Contributor

I have found out that if you have a meeting created with Teams in Outlook, and you drag and drop to copy it, you can create a second meeting that uses the same Teams connection details and chat.  This is very useful coordinating different meetings back to back with different audiences but for the same project so you don't have to keep joining and leaving meetings.  So if one closes early or late you don't miss people connecting using the same "Teams space".

My question.  Can you configure this in your meetings manually?

Can I pull the Teams Space connection information from one meeting already created and copy it and add it to another meeting that's already been created?  Or is drag and drop of a meeting in Outlook calendar the only way to accomplish this?

Sidenote:  I already know about using Teams Channels but unless I'm mistaken you can't get your Teams channels to view/represent in the Chat tab of Teams along with other meetings chat sessions.  But if you can do that, I'd like to know that too.

Thanks all!!

Derek O.

2 Replies
That's a good question as I was wondering as well how one can use the same meeting space with files and maybe even other add-ins in the "Chat" section of Teams, when it comes to irregular meetings with the same people - so not recurring, but neither single ones.

Still no news on this or other ideas?

@FJ-VLL 
No, but I did figure out what I wanted.  It's a little clunky.  But if you create a Teams Meeting in Outlook, and COPY it to create subsequent meetings, it retains the same random Teams connection info.  So it retains the same CHAT thread for all such meetings as well.  Kind of like a recurring meeting but not recurring, instead copied.

So I have been creating one new meeting for a new project that is pretty blank and use it as my "template" email that I copy from and then in the copied meeting I invite the right people and put in the right details.  You can even make the copied meeting into a recurring meeting for regular cadence.  ALL using the same chat thread that I rename for the project or purpose.  It's a great little trick to give consistency in chat communication.

You'd think there would be a more "proper" way of assigning a new meeting to a specific Teams Meeting code and the ability to generate some reusable ones for different purposes but I haven't found out how to do that.  The copy trick seems to work.

Derek