Microsoft 365 business on personal computer

Copper Contributor

I have a microsoft 365 business standard account with 1 license which it says I can download on to 5 devices. I would like to download this on to my personal computer but dont want the OneDrive and its contents to be accessible from here. Is this possible without getting another license?

3 Replies

@Heather96 

it is possible to install Microsoft 365 Business Standard on your personal computer without syncing OneDrive and its contents, and without needing an additional license. Here's how you can do it:

1. Download and Install Microsoft 365:

• Go to the "Install Office" section, and choose the option to install Office on your personal computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install Microsoft 365 Business Standard on your computer.

2. Customize Installation Options:

• During the installation process, you may have the option to customize the installation settings.
    • Look for options related to OneDrive or cloud storage, and deselect them to prevent OneDrive from being installed or synced with your personal computer.

3. Opt Out of OneDrive Sync:

• Even if you don't customize the installation settings, you can still opt out of syncing OneDrive after installation.
    • Once Microsoft 365 is installed, open OneDrive settings and disable sync for all folders, or choose specific folders to sync only those you want to access on your personal computer.

4. Accessing Office Apps:

• After installation, you can use all Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) without needing to sync with OneDrive.
    • Your Microsoft 365 license allows you to use these apps on up to 5 devices, so installing it on your personal computer won't require an additional license.

By following these steps, you can install Microsoft 365 Business Standard on your personal computer without syncing OneDrive and its contents, and without needing an extra license. This allows you to use Office applications on your personal computer while keeping your OneDrive data separate and secure.

My knowledge on this topic is limited, but since no one has answered this, I used AI to answer your question. The text and the steps are the result.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and like it!

This will help all forum participants.

Thank you. I have looked at this and the one drive isnt signed in on the PC but the onedrive is still accessible when I open word for example. I'm at a loss how to stop everything being accessible from my personal computer!