SOLVED

Permission level "Review"?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I haven't dealt with SharePoint from the admin perspective for a while, so I might have missed something. Please apologise if this is a dumb question:

I see two apparently identical permission levels on our site: Read and Review. Identical in respect of the permissions set. Why is that?

It seems to me the new Review level turned up with a new feature in sharing allowing to restrict editing to review mode only.

HenrikZ_0-1660210509077.png

Point is: something is going wrong. It doesn't work. People complain they cannot access the document at all. They are also not showing up in the classic SharePoint permissions list.

This plus the new Review level (which sounds as if made for the purpose) confuses me.

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Henrik

4 Replies
best response confirmed by HenrikZ (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@HenrikZ This is a new feature in SharePoint online/OneDrive which is not fully rolled out yet: 

ganeshsanap_0-1660211861361.png

This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 93400

So, I would advise not to use this feature until full rollout because it may not work properly before rollout.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks a bunch! That explains a lot. I don't know why I even see the feature.

@HenrikZ Maybe you have set up the Targeted release options for yourself or your organization in the past.

You can review (:lol:) the targeted release options by following above link if you have access to admin center.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

I don't have that access. But I will mention it to our "real" admins. Not a good idea to confuse people with features that do not yet fully work :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HenrikZ (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@HenrikZ This is a new feature in SharePoint online/OneDrive which is not fully rolled out yet: 

ganeshsanap_0-1660211861361.png

This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 93400

So, I would advise not to use this feature until full rollout because it may not work properly before rollout.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post