Manage access requests on list level

Brass Contributor

Dear all,

in our SharePoint Online site we have a list with own permissions. Hence not all users having access to the site may have access to the list and hence get the "You need permissions to access this..."-screen. Access requests started from that screen go to the site owner group.

Would it be possible to direct these access requests for that specific list to another group than the site owners?

Background is, that assessment of the access requests needs to be done on a business level, and site owner is not capable of doing that and would have to forward these requests to the resp. business SME.

What we don't want is making the business SME part of the site owner group.

Hope my description is clear, if not please let me know and looking forward to learn about any options we have.

Kind regards

Petter

1 Reply

Hi @CuriousProjectUser, I hope I understand correctly that you would like to get information about access requests on SharePoint. Some time ago, I wanted to interface with the process of access requests, and I noticed that all requests are stored in an SP list named "Access Requests".

Four years ago, I wrote a blog post that may be helpful in your case. It describes a different scenario, but some parts may also be useful for you. The only thing I would change is to use a Webhook instead of a Remote Event Receiver to get a notification when a new request item is created.

I hope that it will be useful in your case.