SOLVED

How to hide the Menu Bar at Left side

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I want to hide below Bar from my SharePoint, how to do it?

Capture.PNG

3 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@LinkangThe SharePoint app bar can be temporarily disabled between today and when it becomes available to all customers to give customers more time to prepare for this change. Temporarily disabling the app bar will delay the rollout of this feature in your organization until March 31, 2022.

Temporarily disable the SharePoint app bar

1. Download the latest SharePoint Online Management Shell.
  2. Connect to SharePoint as a global admin or SharePoint admin in Microsoft 365. To learn how, see Getting started with SharePoint Online Management Shell.

3. Run the following command:

PowerShell
    Set-SPOTemporarilyDisableAppBar $true

4. If you need to confirm if the app bar has been disabled or enabled, check the app bar status by running the following command:

PowerShell
    Get-SPOTemporarilyDisableAppBar

@Pol_Van_Dingenen 

Hi Pol, Thanks for your reply,

I done all the steps, but My sharepoint still have the side bar.

Linkang_0-1637745322330.png

Linkang_1-1637745360286.png

@Linkang With the Get-SPOTemporarilyDisableAppBar command you can see it returns a false, this means the Set-SPOTemporarilyDisableAppBar command didn't work the first time. You should try running it again until the Get command returns True.

ps.png

When the Get command returns true you can navigate to a site and do a CTRL + F5 to test the results.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@LinkangThe SharePoint app bar can be temporarily disabled between today and when it becomes available to all customers to give customers more time to prepare for this change. Temporarily disabling the app bar will delay the rollout of this feature in your organization until March 31, 2022.

Temporarily disable the SharePoint app bar

1. Download the latest SharePoint Online Management Shell.
  2. Connect to SharePoint as a global admin or SharePoint admin in Microsoft 365. To learn how, see Getting started with SharePoint Online Management Shell.

3. Run the following command:

PowerShell
    Set-SPOTemporarilyDisableAppBar $true

4. If you need to confirm if the app bar has been disabled or enabled, check the app bar status by running the following command:

PowerShell
    Get-SPOTemporarilyDisableAppBar

View solution in original post