Open linked files in the associated dekstop app not online. Document Management in sharepoint.

Copper Contributor

I often use synced OneDrive folders or Teams Files from Microsoft Teams.

I am currently considering mapping our management manual via OneDrive/ Sharepoint. To do this, it would be necessary to save all templates in one folder, for example. However, I then have folders for each process in which the required documents are linked. However, if I insert a link to a document there, the document first opens online on the web and then I can only open it in the original program (e.g. Word, Excel...).

As I said, we mostly work with synchronized files and open them accordingly via Windows Explorer. The views in the original programs are often better than the online views.

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem?

Another problem is that if the name or storage location of a linked document changes, the link is no longer valid. Is there not a way to link a document so that the link remains valid no matter where the document is saved or what it is called?

To make the QM process complete, I would then like to use Sharepoint lists to create overviews of the documents with change history and version overview.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Replies