Onedrive continously signing out

Copper Contributor

Hi, I wondered if anyone can help....

Onedrive used to sync files from MS Teams Sharepoint like a dream until about 10 days ago.

Now the desktop client seems to drop connection constantly as though the network is droppoing or firewall is blocking things....  Before I started there, I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this recently....

Nothing I do makes OneDrive stay signed in....

I have already ensured my Dell 7310 is fully up to date on Bios and software.

Signed out of MS Teams, O365, Onedrive

Cleared cache from C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\OneDrive

Full shutdown, restart, login everywhere and OneDrive signs in sees 15 changes and signs out.....

I have even unlinked the laptop, done the above again, relinked the laptop, it syncs and then signs out.....

Has anyone got any ideas??

3 Replies

@adrianjackson-nttd 

It sounds like you have already tried several troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue with OneDrive continuously signing out, but the problem persists. Here are some additional steps you can try:

1. Check Network Connection: Ensure that your network connection is stable and not experiencing any interruptions. Test your internet connection speed and reliability to rule out any network-related issues.
  2. Firewall and Antivirus Settings: Review your firewall and antivirus settings to ensure that they are not blocking OneDrive or interfering with its operation. Consider temporarily disabling your firewall or antivirus software to see if it resolves the issue. Check with your IT department or network administrator to ensure that necessary ports and protocols are allowed for OneDrive.
  3. Check for Software Updates: Make sure that your operating system, OneDrive desktop client, and any other relevant software are up to date. Check for and install any available updates, as they may contain bug fixes or improvements that address the issue.
  4. Check Event Viewer: Look for any error messages or warnings related to OneDrive in the Windows Event Viewer. This can provide valuable information about what might be causing the sign-out issue.
  5. Run OneDrive Troubleshooter: Microsoft provides a built-in OneDrive troubleshooter tool that can help diagnose and fix common issues. You can access it by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in the system tray and selecting "Troubleshoot problems".
  6. Clean Boot: Perform a clean boot of your computer to troubleshoot if any third-party applications or services are causing conflicts with OneDrive. A clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, which can help identify the source of the problem.
  7. Reset OneDrive: Try resetting the OneDrive desktop client to its default settings. This can sometimes resolve syncing issues and restore normal functionality. You can do this by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in the system tray, selecting "Settings", and then navigating to the "Settings" tab. From there, click on the "Unlink OneDrive" button, and then follow the prompts to relink your account.

By following these additional steps, you may be able to identify and resolve the issue with OneDrive continuously signing out. The text and steps were edited with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and Like it!

This will help all forum participants.

Hi @NikolinoDE,
Thanks for your response, I have tried them all but unfortunately it hasn't mitigated the issue.
I do appreciate your efforts in trying to assist though.
Regards.

@adrianjackson-nttd 

If you've already exhausted these troubleshooting steps and the problem persists, you may want to try some more advanced solutions:

1. Reinstall OneDrive: Completely uninstall the OneDrive desktop client from your computer and then reinstall it. Sometimes, a fresh installation can resolve underlying issues with the application.
  2. Check Event Viewer: Use the Event Viewer tool in Windows to check for any relevant error messages or events related to OneDrive. Look for any error codes or messages that might provide clues about what's causing the sign-out issue.
  3. Group Policy Settings: If your computer is managed by a network administrator or organization, there may be group policy settings that are affecting OneDrive behavior. Review the group policy settings applied to your computer and check if any policies are interfering with OneDrive.
  4. Try a Different User Account: Create a new user account on your computer and see if you encounter the same issue with OneDrive when logged in with that account. If the problem doesn't occur in the new user account, it could indicate that the issue is specific to your user profile.
  5. Run System File Checker: Use the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan for and repair any corrupted system files that may be affecting OneDrive. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command "sfc /scannow" to initiate the scan.
  6. Check for Hardware Issues: Consider the possibility of hardware issues, such as a failing hard drive or faulty network adapter, that could be affecting OneDrive's performance. Run diagnostic tests on your hardware to rule out any hardware-related problems.
  7. Monitor Resource Usage: Use Task Manager to monitor resource usage (CPU, memory, disk, network) while OneDrive is running. Excessive resource usage could indicate a problem with your system configuration or other running processes conflicting with OneDrive.

Hope these steps can help.

Otherwise, I'm at my wits' end.