Unable to remove old account sing up form Teams on Mac OS

Copper Contributor

I cannot remove an old sing account from Teams on Mac OS. I have to delete the keychain, I delete the temp folder, and remove and reinstall Teams, and the old account is still there. I have a case open with the Microsoft team, and they cannot figure it out. Where is the login info store, and why has Microsoft not provided a solution where users can remove accounts as easily as they can add? Please help! 

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 17.13.57.png

28 Replies

@Anit_Kumar Thank you so much! Worked for me. 

For other novices like me - right click the file to "get info" on keychain file (oneauth and the other one) to bring up the window in Anit's post. 

I reinstalled the new version of Teams rather than the Classic version I'd had before - not sure if this made any difference. 

@Anit_Kumar 

Thanks so much! We switched from the gov cloud to biz cloud in April. A little while ago Teams started forcing me to log into the gov cloud instance. Fortunately, I was able to do that, log out and then log into the biz cloud. Unfortunately, about a week ago, those steps no longer worked and now at the worst possible moments, Teams switches me into gov cloud and I can't get out.

UPDATE: I just updated to the new Teams app which appears to allow me to have both tenants logged in.

@dcoplon really not sure about this case. If you have any work provided laptop, try checking with the Org admin team if they can help you with deleting these files or have any other permanent solution.

These Teams issues are really weird and frustrating :(

After Win11 Update XBox App erkennt Gamepad nicht obwohl in ystem vorhanden und Kalibrierung funktioniert, GameBar Problem?

Thanks @Anit_Kumar. I just downloaded the new Teams. Although it still has a tenacious hold on our old tenant, its support for multiple tenants seems to allow me to have both. So, I'm ok now? 

This fixed mine. I did not have to uninstall anything, just remove adalcache and oneauth entries in Keychain Access.
Thanks you! Worked brilliantly. I have been trying to figure this out for a very long time.
It does not work on my Mac. I removed all com.microsoft.* key references to teams, removed cache, removed app with cleanmymacx, reboot mac, nothing works. I just cannot remove the old account. I hate Microsoft. It should die. Their soft is a piece of **bleep**. The only solution is to run MS Teams crap from Windows under Parallels emulator. What a fail.

@hipertracker Mine all came back, along with a few even older ones. <sigh/>