Teams Outbound calling not going to voicemail

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I Have a user that when they make outbound calls via the teams mobile app, it rings just fine and works fine if the recipient picks up. However if they do not pickup my user does not get an option to leave a voicemail and it just hangs up the call(we tried about 10 different number both internal and external. I have checked their settings in teams admin without any success.

I had the user reinstall the app as well as reboot the phone and the issue persists.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

2 Replies
Just for clarification, is this for Teams calls or PSTN (phone numbers) calls?

As I understand it your user (User A) calls another user (User B). User B cannot answer but User A is never transferred to User B voicemail? If you (User C) calls User B, will you be transferred to User B voicemail?

Voicemail settings should be on User B side and not related to User A or User C.
We are using the teams app to make the calls, this happens when user A call people in our organization as well as typing in phone numbers in the app to make the calls.

"As I understand it your user (User A) calls another user (User B). User B cannot answer but User A is never transferred to User B voicemail? If you (User C) calls User B, will you be transferred to User B voicemail?"
- Correct!