SOLVED

Teams Folder: save order and start next time with same settings

Copper Contributor

Dear all,

I'm currently working in various Teams. When switching between the different Teams Folders, the view Always starts on the "General" tab and not in the Teams area where I worked before (Mostly thats the Folders tab.

Is there any Setting in Teams which saves the last viewed state to start the next time where the user left?

Furthermore on the "files" tab, Teams Always synchronize the Folder structure ONLY when I switch tabs. Seems that there is no online or ad-hoc synchronization. Pretty annoying when you see Folders appearing which have been added weeks before. 

Same Question: any Setting to save such views?

Thanks Christina

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Christina_with_c  The short answer for your first question is currently you cannot because when you are moving from one team to another by default general channel is selected as it is the first channel in that team.

The answer to your second question yes you can, if you click on the edit view on the top right corner you will be taken to SharePoint where you can play around with the view and update setting/view according to your choice.

@PDostiyar 

Thanks for the answer. 

I found the Settings in SharePoint which you mentioned. Unfortunately it seems that changes like sort sequence are applied in SharePoint but not synchronized back to Teams (in the Teams App).

Adding additional columns in SharePoint can also be seen in the Teams app but the sorting of a column does not change.

any idea?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Christina_with_c  The short answer for your first question is currently you cannot because when you are moving from one team to another by default general channel is selected as it is the first channel in that team.

The answer to your second question yes you can, if you click on the edit view on the top right corner you will be taken to SharePoint where you can play around with the view and update setting/view according to your choice.

View solution in original post