SOLVED

Teams call controls on jabra headset not working

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I recently bought a new Jabra Evolve 75 headset to replace my old wired plantronics set. I purchased the Microsoft version of the headset, which is supposed to have better integration with Microsoft products such as Teams. It's a great product, but while i can change volume and mute calls using the headset controls, I can't accept or close a call, which is annoying. I've been in touch with Jabra support for last few days and reviewed all settings, but they have concluded it's nothing to do with the headset (as it works fine on my softphone client), and must be a Microsoft problem. 

Do you have any suggestions to sort this problem or is it a case of waiting and hoping for a new software update that will resolve the issue at some point in the future?

Cheers

116 Replies
Thank you!

This helped me out to use all the functionallity if Jabra 510 (connected via USB) again after the 20H2 update.
Worked for me too, however while uninstalling the old driver I also had to delete it otherwise it would reinstall with the old driver.

Also experiencing the issue: both USB connected speakers and bluetooth headsets regularly stop functioning while using Teams on my work laptop (Windows 10). I cannot reproduce the bug intentionally but it seems to be triggered usually after I end a meeting.

The devices work: simply unplugging them and plugging them into my personal computer (Windows 8.1 / USB link) or connecting them with Bluetooth on a smartphone and they work perfectly again.

Some time ago I could open an administrator console and enter "net stop windows audio / net start windows audio" and the device would work again. Since a few months, this has stopped working also and I have to reboot my laptop each time.

This happening to my colleagues also and we started using Telegram instead for calls.

@GediminasMuraska I have the same issue on windows 10 20H2 and am trying to switch to the other driver (with USB), but whenever I uninstall the device, it just comes back when scanning for new hardware or unplugging/plugging the Jabra speak 510. I never get the choise to select the other (ISB) driver as shown in @Christian Dyck 's reply.

How were you able to select the other driver?

I uninstalled the device and driver completely first, rebooted and plugged the device in again to get the new driver.

@PRaymaekers You need to manually search for the drivers. See screenshots:

ChristianDyck_2-1638870234111.png

ChristianDyck_0-1638869997428.png

ChristianDyck_1-1638870071276.png

@PRaymaekers  you've got to delete the driver, not just uninstall it.

Thanks for the info, everyone. I got it fixed!
Manually searching for the drivers did only show the one without USB.
From device manager, I could only uninstall, it did not show the option to delete the driver. So I used DriverStoreExplorer (https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer) to force the deletion of the driver and after reboot, it automatically switched to the driver with 'USB' in it and now it works perfect!

I have the same issue. I am using Jabra evolve2 75 MS on my MacOS 12, and I can't control mute/unmute button on the Teams. Sometimes it works, but sometimes not. It really bothers me a lot. I also test it on my Windows laptop, it really works great, so I think it's the Microsoft Teams problem on MasOS 12.

Hello everyone, I Had the same problem with : Jabra Evol 65 and Jabra Link 380. To resolve the problem I deactivate the "Technologie Intel Smart Sound audio USB" in the "Device manager".

Restart one time the computer.

@owler_77 

@owler_77 

This solved my problem: End the direct bluetooth connection and delete the Jabra Evolve 75 . Use the dongel (Jabra link 380) direct in to your laptop/ pc. And thats it!!

@owler_77 

Hello,

I have the following setup that does not work. Jabra Evolve 75. It does not work using the USB cable or the Jabra Link 370. This issue happens with Teams only. It works with Webex, and Zoom. Bear in mind that the same exact windows version is working fine on HP Elitebook 840 G3, and G5.

Anybody faced such an issue? Can it be related to HW, or specific drivers?

Dell Latitude 5430

Processor           12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1245U   1.60 GHz

Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)

System type      64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch   No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise

Version 21H2

Installed on       ‎16/‎03/‎2023

OS build             19044.2728

Experience         Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.

@hoashkar I've recently battled a similar issue with a Jabra cordless (Evolve2 65) and it turned out to be the softphone software was seeing the USB charging stand as the connected Jabra product rather than the headset/Link 380, meaning I had sound thanks to system settings but no button interaction within the application.

It may not solve it, but if you've not tried it, unplug the charging stand if you have one. I was very surprised the fix was that simple with our new headset.

Hi @James_Holly Thanks a lot for you input. Unfortunately, I do not have a charging stand. I use the headset alone. I even tried using the cable, not using the Jabra link, and it still does not work.

I tried everything except to update the windows. So I am actually suspecting the issue to be with new hardware on old windows version.

We have been having issues with a Jarba 930's button not picking up calls after 1st use since last week. Has anyone been experiencing similar recently?
I have a Jabra Evolve MS 80 Link and almost the same issue, and after a lot of tweaking I found that the softphone (Zoom/Teams etc.) has to be configured with the headset microphone as the input device. I have VoiceMeeter also and I used to set one of its outputs as the input device in Zoom/Teams, but it renders the symptom of the call button not working (nor the presence synchronization). Configuring the headset microphone as the input device in the softphone app makes it work correctly.
I almost sent my headset to the tech assistance for repairing (under warranty) but then I gave up, then I found that solution…
Check the device settings within Microsoft Teams. Navigate to the Teams settings on your computer or the Teams app on your mobile device. Look for any options related to headset controls and make sure they are configured correctly.