SOLVED

Teams call controls on jabra headset not working

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I recently bought a new Jabra Evolve 75 headset to replace my old wired plantronics set. I purchased the Microsoft version of the headset, which is supposed to have better integration with Microsoft products such as Teams. It's a great product, but while i can change volume and mute calls using the headset controls, I can't accept or close a call, which is annoying. I've been in touch with Jabra support for last few days and reviewed all settings, but they have concluded it's nothing to do with the headset (as it works fine on my softphone client), and must be a Microsoft problem. 

Do you have any suggestions to sort this problem or is it a case of waiting and hoping for a new software update that will resolve the issue at some point in the future?

Cheers

116 Replies

@sthoma87993 Just tested and my mute button still works, but call ending/hangup hasnt worked for a few weeks now...  The frustrating thing is my small Plantronics BT headset works fine for both... I may just need to bail on Jabra and switch over to Plantronics going forward if Jabra is going to drop the ball this hard.

I think that this is a TEAMS issue not a JABRA issue. My issues started with a new update of TEAMS and no change to my jabra setup. It also effects all my usb connected headsets Wired USB, Wired Speaker, Wired USB with Wireless headset.

All,

I installed version 1.3.00.28779 yesterday and AMAZINGLY the hang-up button now works. 

Give it a try to download the latest version. 

This was not a JABRA issue it was a TEAMS issue is the only thing I can guess.

@golf5367   Yep I am seeing the same, it seems to work now!

@_JoeKelly_ Running same version. Not working here on outbound calls :(

@Lars_Christensen1970  My Jabra Pro 9470,  with the latest Jabra Direct installed and running + the v1.3+ Teams update that just was released, works as expected now. 

@_JoeKelly_ On both in- and outbound calls??

@_JoeKelly_ 

I am running the newest version of TEAMS and  NO JABRA software for my Jabra Pro 930 wireless headset.  

I removed ALL Jabra software even the hidden stuff that stayed around after uninstall. 

Also, you have to reboot teams (laptop) to make the button work.  I did full shutdown and restart as well as I made sure I had all the latest Windows updates. 

Good Luck!

Hey Guys, I have been experiencing the same issue (Jabra Evolve 75 MS) and after some tinkering I managed to get it working again.

The solution suprisingly came out of the most minimalistic set up: uninstalled Jabra Direct, disconnected the Link 370, & then connected the headset directly to the computer's bluetooth, after restarting teams it then recognised the headset as: "Headset (Jabra Evolve 75 Hands-Free AG Audio)" instead of "Headphones (Jabra Evolve 75 Stereo)" which basically means every button is working as it should again!

The only  "drawback" (which it's not for me really) is that when connecting the headphones now says: "Connected to Smartphones" instead of "PC" 

***FIX***

@owler_77 Evolve 75 MS comes with a USB dongle. Do not connect via bluetooth to your laptop/tablet.  If you have paired via Bluetooth, remove device. Use the dongle(only) and the buttons will work.

Press the button on the right ear to open Teams and to join/end calls. 

No issues with the mobile phone and Teams mobile app. Headphone buttons work. 

Any further on this I have the jabra evolve2 65 and the teams button just clicks in my ear.

teams version 1.4.00.2879 (64-bit)

jabra direct latest

@ChrisDodds 

So far, my evolve2 MS 65 is working properly for a few months now. I used to have issues as well, before that.
I have Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.2879 (64-bit) and Jabra evolve2 65 version 2.4.5 and Jabra link 380 version 1.9.1

@owler_77 

My headset issue: "Not able to answer or hang up calls from the headset" turns out is a

MS issue, "We don't support hardware even if it's MS certified". Jabra says it's a Microsoft issue. so Teams and Softphones will not work after an update of MS O365 and some other updates. "Island Mode" seems to be an issue. It will take someone to write some code to fix it. It's not the first time we have had to hack MS to make daily functions work again after an untested update or 20 (Xerox printers ETC.
Jabra and MS are lacking in their customer support. they both just point fingers at the other and do nothing.
I read the forums big companies that invested 100's of thousands of dollars are returning all their new equipment.  The State Chancellors office will hear about this for all of our educational work at home Staff and faculty, Answering and hanging up from the professional headset are a necessity. I can use low cost Bluetooth ear pods for talking on calls. We may have to return all of ours as well. I'm just more sad during COVID that I am tethered to a terminal unnecessarily to press a button.

08-March-2021... and this is STILL not working!!

Microsoft has had this ticket open:
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35103931-support-device-call-c... since Feb-2020 and in that time they've been unable to fix it.

I'd just "vote" for this bug to be fixed. Perhaps sometime in the not so distant future MS will finally fix this.

Hi, I had the same issue because both software (Skype for business and Teams) was configured in our organization.
If you have completely switched to Teams you could change the "Set your coexistence and upgrade settings" to "Teams only"; then it worked fine with Teams!
See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/setting-your-coexistence-and-upgrade-settings

I just noticed that killing Skype for business (is on "auto start" in our company - island setup) the keys and leds on my Jabra 510 USB start working again, after I reselected the device in Teams - device settings.

@WouterVoet Hi, mine just randomly started working so assume a win update or something the company have had issues with updates so working for now as expected

@oscar14 

Great! I wish it would start working on Cisco softphone so I don't have to sit her all day and stare at the screen waiting for that phone call.  Now that the stay at home covid19 is nearly over they will fix it. I found it works on IOS.

best response confirmed by ryantam_mshk (Microsoft)
Solution

I found a solution for my Jabra Speak 510 where the controls and LEDs did not work for teams on USB - Bluetooth worked.

Change the Driver to "Jabra SPEAK 510 (Sound Research)" to "Jabra SPEAK 510 USB (Sound Research)" by selecting available drivers.

ChristianDyck_0-1627457148005.png

No everything is fine again. Seems to be that Windows selected the wrong driver after updating to 20H2...

Thank you!
This is the only thing that worked. Updated the driver (by uninstalling the device in Device Manager, as it would not find more recent driver otherwise) and it helped!