Status time out when working in other apps

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone. So an issue I've noticed recently is that even where I am actively working on my PC with Teams open and running, my status gets timed out because I'm not working in a MS app (Adobe for example). Is there any way for this to be turned off or looked at? I do a lot of work in Adobe, use Google Chrome and other non-MS apps and I have to open Teams every 5 mins to stop it from timing out. Its rather frustrating and looks unprofessional when I'm seen as away so frequently so wondering if anyone has any ideas or if it's an issue anyone else has faced? 

TIA :)

1 Reply

Hello @mi55kbh.  There are fixes in the works but in the meantime take a look at this past post in the community; the initial issue isn't like yours but a few responses down you'll see keyboard shortcuts that one of the users lists to try to fool it.  Maybe this will help you: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-hijacking-skype-for-business-status/m-p...

You can also search "status" or "presence" in this community and find more discussion and solutions offered.