SOLVED

Scan QR code to Install missing

Iron Contributor

I have been using Teams for quite some time. Just happen to log in as a different user and they have the icon at the bottom left corner to install the Mobile client via a QR code.  No matter what I do, I do not see this option when I log in. Even on the same box (so it is not a local version or update issue).  I already have the mobile client installed on my phone. Is that the reason or is there something else.  

The reason I am concern, I am involved with building training documentation and do not want a inconsistent experience for the end user.  

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

No matter what you do, having documentation that shows the interfaces as users see it is next to impossible.
Reasons:

Different software versions

Different features enabled

New features enabled 

New software updates.

It is quite common that within a company, different users will see things differently.

@Jeff Harlow If you haven't logged in to a mobile client it will show that icon, once you have it disappears. It will remain on the user menu whether installed or not.

@Steven Collier  Thanks Steven!  I had a slight feeling that was the case as that would make the most sense.  Someone marked another answer as a solution. I do not know how to change that as this was more likely the answer.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

No matter what you do, having documentation that shows the interfaces as users see it is next to impossible.
Reasons:

Different software versions

Different features enabled

New features enabled 

New software updates.

It is quite common that within a company, different users will see things differently.

View solution in original post