Outlook add-in pointing to another tenant

Copper Contributor
Hi guys,
We’ve recently moved from a proof of concept tenant to a new tenant that has launched across the business. I’ve got a couple of cases where users are logged into Teams in the new tenant, yet when they create a Teams meeting via the Outlook add-in, it still seems to create it to the old tenant, which is signed out of and no longer in use. It’s easy to tell based on whether you’re stuck in the lobby or admitted straight away, and also the rights you get when clicking on Meeting Options.

Any suggestions? It becomes a little embarrassing when you’re an organiser and you’re stuck in the lobby! I just can’t understand how it’s still utilising the old tenant.
1 Reply

Hi all,

I've managed to find a resolution to this. The user needs to close Outlook (File > Exit) and then sign out of Teams and close the client. They then need to restart Teams, sign in and once signed in, re-open the Outlook client. 

If it's done in that order, it seems to connect the Teams Outlook add-in to the account signed into the Teams client with and resolved the issue.