SOLVED

New Teams client not working with Poly CCX phones

Copper Contributor

We use "Better Together over Bluetooth" to bridge our Poly CCX desk phones with Teams on the user's workstation. I cannot get this to work with the New Teams. I can toggle back to Classic Teams and pair OK, just not with New Teams. Has anyone been able to get this to work?  We have a significant investment in Poly desk phones.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by FastBusy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FastBusy I'd wait and continue to use the classic client before making any decisions about your Poly phones. 

There are still a lot of features missing from New Teams and while this one isn't specifically listed in their known issues, it may be resolved in the future: Known issues in the new Microsoft Teams desktop client - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

It may be a case of Poly needing to update their phones too. 

We're having the same issue, but with the Yealink MP56 phones. In the old client it connects perfectly. But in the new Teams client it won't

The interface of the phone says connected but it's not visible on the desktop.
Wondering when this is fixed.

@FastBusy We are experiencing a similar issue with external devices not displaying call information and buttons on device failing to function.  My device is an old USB speaker phone, polycom cx300.

Did you ever get this working? we have the same problem and peoples phone are just left unlocked with exposed calendars. not good.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by FastBusy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FastBusy I'd wait and continue to use the classic client before making any decisions about your Poly phones. 

There are still a lot of features missing from New Teams and while this one isn't specifically listed in their known issues, it may be resolved in the future: Known issues in the new Microsoft Teams desktop client - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

It may be a case of Poly needing to update their phones too. 

View solution in original post