SOLVED

MICROSOFT TEAMS - SYNC ACCOUNTS PROBLEM

Copper Contributor

Hello there, I just installed Microsoft Teams and quickly ran into a problem.

Looks like my desktop MT account is not synchronized with my mobile MT account (profile photo, chats, etc. etc...), despite Microsoft ID I entered is the same for both accounts.

Might this be due to a "Office 365 Personal" limit? I confirm indeed I was forced to download the free version of MT for desktop.

Many thanks for your help

4 Replies
Hi,

Is it the personal one you are trying to access in the client as I believe that is just for mobile use.

So I imagine in the mobile app where you can see the list of Team orgs you can switch between you have another one along side the personal (intended for Family and friends) and it is the other one you go into when accessing via the web or desktop client.

The other versions being either free or as part of a Bussiness or M365 license.

Thanks

Henry
best response confirmed by LorenzoVW (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @HenryPhillipsNimbitech,

thanks for your prompt feedback.

Exactly as you said, using mobile version I can shift from my personal account to the one i created for the Desktop version.

I'm just a little suprised I can not do the same from the Desktop version, shifting from MT Professional account (I created for Desktop version) to Personal account, being the Microsoft ID the same.

I'm afraid there is no solution to this issue.

Lorenzo

You can switch between different Teams orgs in the desktop/web just for clarity.

But just not the personal iteration intended for access from mobile devices for family and friends.

You could of course request for this or up vote an existing entry at: MicrosoftTeams.UserVoice.com

Thanks

Henry
Great, thanks for the tips.
I’ll proceed straight away in that direction
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LorenzoVW (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @HenryPhillipsNimbitech,

thanks for your prompt feedback.

Exactly as you said, using mobile version I can shift from my personal account to the one i created for the Desktop version.

I'm just a little suprised I can not do the same from the Desktop version, shifting from MT Professional account (I created for Desktop version) to Personal account, being the Microsoft ID the same.

I'm afraid there is no solution to this issue.

Lorenzo

View solution in original post