SOLVED

Live caption doesn't appear in [More Option] for some users in my team

Copper Contributor

Do you know how to show the "Turn on live captions (preview)" option despite of using the latest version of Teams?

Some of users in my team don't see "Turn on live captions (preview)" from [More options] during a meeting (using a desktop app)

We all use the same version below:

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64 bit)

One guy did uninstall and install a desktop app, but he still doesn't see the "Turn on live captions (preview)" option. If possible, I want to know the reason and how to fix it.

9 Replies
best response confirmed by yoshimi (Copper Contributor)

Hello @ChristianBergstrom and @Juan Carlos González Martín ,

Thank you so much for your reply!! I didn't know that the meeting policy can change by each user then those articles were really helpful! (I thought the meeting policy should be the same under the same tenant.)

I will contact to my Teams Administrator to check the meeting policy for us with your articles!

Thanks again for your support!

Yoshimi

If it is just missing for some users it is likely the policies as others have pointed out. Here is some guidance on finding users who may be impacted https://itspartlycloudy.com/2020/04/02/the-case-of-the-missing-live-captions-in-microsoft-teams/

@Jeremy Miller 

Thank you so much for your answer!!! Actually, I've just got an reply from a Teams Administrator and he said that we are all in the "Global (Org-wide default)" group. So I got confused but from the article you gave for me, I can ask him further investigation to check whether some people are in the  "RestrictedAnonymousAccess" group or not! Thanks again for your help!

It would be worth double checking the policy for someone having the problem if the admin didn’t already. I’ve saw a bunch of tenants that never changed anything and thought they were all on the global default policy but still had people on the restricted policy somehow.

@Jeremy Miller @yoshimi @Juan Carlos González Martín Good morning all (at least here). This is actually the reason I asked about the policy to begin with, as my own org thought all users where assigned the global policy. But when I checked this (a couple of months ago) it turned out that some employees had the restricted one.

Hi bec064,
Thank you very much for your response! Yes, you pointed that out
first for me! I just didn't know (still cannot believe!) that there was a possiblity that some employees among the same AD group (applied, started to use and install at the same timing) have the different policy... Hope it would fix soon!

@Jeremy Miller 

Thank you for your advice! My reply might've gone...

As we were not familiar with Teams that much, we didn't know about this issue and how we can fix. But now I know thanks to you! I will check with the each user's policy as well as you advised.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by yoshimi (Copper Contributor)