How to turn on verifying link in Teams?

Microsoft

I have test tenant with activated E5 Teams and Microsoft Defender for O365 both P1 & P2.

I saw the official document and it said the preset policy has already turned on safelink in Teams.

However, it does not work in my test user. In addition, I set a custom policy to specific user with safelink in teams turned on. It also does not work.

How do turn this(the following picture) on this when user click the url in Teams chat? 

MartinChang_0-1660962042834.png

4 Replies
Hello, I believe I've seen that documentation too. But I had to either turn on "Standard Preset Security Policy" or scope an individual policy (and also wait 24 hours).

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Hi,

Today, this feature became active on Teams by itself. The URLs we use to access some resources within the company and some domains we access are constantly stuck in this scan. How can I exclude these URLs/domains I'm talking about? Can you help me?

Hi @ChristianJBergstrom ,

First of all, thank you very much for your quick response. I will read the articles you sent. However, I feel the need to make an explanation to confirm that I have been understood correctly. This is exactly what I want to do. When the links used to access our company's website and internal portals are shared in the correspondence in Teams, and the user clicks on them, they are directed to the following address: https://statics.teams.cdn.office.net/evergreen-assets/safelinks/1/atp-safelinks. html. When the user is directed to the opened website, he sees the text "Verifying Link..." on the screen. After 2 or 3 seconds, it redirects to the shared website.

I do not want these steps to work for the company website and the links of our portals from which we access internal resources. Does what you share provide that? Because while I was researching myself, I saw many sources and methods. However, I can't decide which one is correct. Below is the screenshot I'm talking about.MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png