How to manage tasks for several teams in a central place?

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

In my use case each MS Team represents a customer and each channel represents a unique machine.

On the one hand I want to navigate through the channel and there I want to view all tasks that are relevant for that specific channel/machine.

On the other hand I need to have a centralized overview about all tasks in a central team, called "Service Management".

As a Service Management User it should be possible to confirm a task within the Service Management Team or with the customer Teams Channel.

How can I do that?

I played around with tasks and planner. It looks to me like I need to create a central task list with SharePoint. I can then attach this to the individual channels. Filtered views can then be used to ensure that only the relevant tasks are displayed. Anyway, this approach does not seem to me to be really modern.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

2 Replies
Well, Microsoft is working on evolving Planner to a Modern Task Management feature, but we don't have many details yet about it and when it will be ready

Hi @Sascha007  

Has any improvement been made on this? I am struggling to get an overview of the different channels' tasks in my Team.

If not, is there any step-by-step instructions for the work-around you described?

Best regards,

Julia