SOLVED

How to make a reusable form?

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I´m trying to find a way to make a reusable form in in Teams, the filled out form should be saved so it can be reopened at a later time.

The form will mostly function as a checklist but it must be possible to add a comment.

Is there a way other than an excel or word template?

Thanks in advance.

BR Casper

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Casper Levorsen (Copper Contributor)

Hi @adam deltinger,

Thank you for your reply.

I actually didn´t think that I could fill out the form myself or fill it out several times. I see I was wrong.

Thank you.

Casper

Great!

@adam deltinger If you need complex reusable forms that are not able to be able to be completed in one sitting, both Forms and Tasks by Planner have serious deficiencies.

Forms need to be filled out completely and submitted in one sitting. So, if you're trying to keep track of progress over time, that won't work. You can't open and save multiple forms and go back to them over time. If you just need to record all your info after you're all finished, it works for that.

Tasks by Planner *USED TO* be a great solution, because you could create templates (really they were just tasks you created and saved somewhere, and not a template as recognized by the app) and copy them to a channel, board, and bucket as needed. HOWEVER!!! At this time copying tasks is broken and has been for some time (Copy and Move are greyed out), so all that work I did is now a big waste. (Yes, I'm bitter!) I'm not really sure why it's broken, but workarounds seem to keep changing over time and are often platform-dependent. At this point, I haven't been able to find any way to create and/or open a task where copy is NOT greyed out. As such, it makes it an unstable and unreliable solution, IMNSHO. When it worked, it was the best solution I had found because it's actually built for tracking multiple tasks and projects over any period of time with multiple users.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Casper Levorsen (Copper Contributor)