How To Add Co Organizers To A Microsoft Teams Meeting

Iron Contributor

YT Thumb - How To Add Co-Organizers.png

This Microsoft Teams tutorial will demonstrate how to add co-organizers to a Microsoft Teams meeting. Co-organizers have elevated permissions in Teams meetings such that they can do the following:

• Access the meeting options to implement changes such as who can present, who can bypass the lobby etc.
  • Bypass the meeting lobby
  • Admit participants from the lobby
  • Lock and unlock the meeting
  • Mute & unmute other participants
  • Promote and demote other participants to presenter and guest

Co-organizers cannot do the following things:

• Change the date-time of the meeting (only the organizer can)
  • Access and manage meeting recordings
  • Access or download meeting attendance reports

What are your thoughts about this feature?

9 Replies
Hopefully they will add the ability for co-organizers to create and move people to meeting rooms soon.

Best,
bp

I understand co-organizers cannot change meeting times (thank you for the clarification).  Is there any rights level that does allow this? or is this only available to the meeting Creator/Organizer by design?

Unfortunately at this time, there is no role or permission set that allows a user to modify a calendar event created by another user. I do hope Microsoft adds this ability, as it is a very very common use case.

@LuiIacobellis thank you for clarifying what co-organizers can and can't do. However, I think it is necessary for a co-organizer to be able to pull the meeting attendance reports and manage recordings, because what if the main organizer is off sick or on holiday. The point of a co-organizer surely is to allow for cover, if the other person is unavailable to allow the meeting to proceed as planned? I hope Microsoft review these permissions in the future 

@alysbrown123 I totally agree and I'm confident that Microsoft will add these features at some point. They continue to rapidly push out new features to improve collaboration and streamline workflow so its likely only a matter of time. I'd suggest checking the roadmap to see if / when they might be released. 

I totally agree @alysbrown123 .  We need co-organizers to be able to manage attendance and recordings.  it is adding a huge amount of work to authorize co-organizers to meeting recordings for this administrative task.  These are exactly the type of tasks our co-organizer are assigned in our organization.  Please allow us to grant these permissions in our org. 

all users able to admit participants , how to limit it to co organizers only ?