SOLVED

How does Teams filter for spam / junk?

Brass Contributor

I have a Teams channel configured to receive email notifications. It stopped displaying new emails a couple of days ago, even though email notifications continue to be generated. I suspect that the new emails get spam-filtered. How do I check this in Teams?

3 Replies
Hi,

Can you see anything on Message Trace in the Exchange Online Message Trace in the Exchange Admin Centre?

Let me know how it goes!

Best, Chris
best response confirmed by Andre Siregar (Brass Contributor)
Solution

You cannot really. Emails sent to Teams channels are attributed to a Microsoft-owned tenant (thus the @teams.ms address) and anti-malware/anti-spam filtering as well as any other processing happens there. As it's a different tenant and you have zero access to it, you cannot do the usual troubleshooting such as looking at message traces - at best they will show you the "internal" delivery from the MS tenant to yours. Best open a support case.

That’s good to know @Vasil Michev thanks for that :white_heavy_check_mark:
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Andre Siregar (Brass Contributor)
Solution

You cannot really. Emails sent to Teams channels are attributed to a Microsoft-owned tenant (thus the @teams.ms address) and anti-malware/anti-spam filtering as well as any other processing happens there. As it's a different tenant and you have zero access to it, you cannot do the usual troubleshooting such as looking at message traces - at best they will show you the "internal" delivery from the MS tenant to yours. Best open a support case.

View solution in original post