Conversations (Chats) under Team Channels

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I'm wondering if I use correctly MS Team.  My comprehension is, Team is for collaboration.  But my Chats section is a real mess.  We have many Team channels, including all the correct people, files, shares, meeting notes, etc.... but it seems that is impossible to have a Chat session (not discussions) with the members of a Team Channel.

Hi can we do this? I mean, instead, to create a private chat session + a team channel with the same users, I guess it's already possible to do not duplicate the different entry points to the same topic of a discussion which is a Team Channel (Équipes en français ;))

Or could we insulate one team channel discussion into one separate section/windows/environment instead of having them into the same Windows "raisin bread :face_with_tears_of_joy::rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:"?  It is painful to do back and forth to find a piece of information in the Chats and/or in the discussions...

Probably I/we don't use MS Team as it should be ... I don't know, I'm open to anything :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Regards to all and thank you for your answers

Martin L.

1 Reply
There is definitely difference between conversation in Teams channel and chat. Conversation should usually happen in respect of the topic/post that is published in respective channel and should get replies dedicated to that post. Chat which is happening more realtime with all people in the Teams channel is very easy to be created...Just press Meet Now in the respective channel, create a new meeting, give a name to it, and even if you then end up the meeting, you can still leverage that group chat. This is the way how we do that for bigger audience chat which is built from some community. Otherwise I also create bigger chats by myself by adding participants of the chat manually and name it.