Sharepoint Open App in DeskTop App hangs connecting to server.

Copper Contributor

I have a user who logs in to SharePoint online.  When they try opening a an Office Document with desktop App, it opens Word and then stays at Contacting to server... Then we have to open Task Manager and kill the task.  Other files like .pdf's open fine.  She is also receiving an error in Outlook where Outlook can't connect to the server, which then requires Task Manager to end the program.  OneDrive is hit or miss on syncing.  Today I noticed that the MS Store isn't connecting, Quick Asisst is not connecting, Teams is not connecting.  If we use any of these apps in the browser, they all work fine.  It almost seems that anything that calls M365 or Microsoft outside of a web browser is being blocked. 

This is in a multi endpoint location, all computers are imaged exactly the same and she is the only one having issues. They are using Azure AD to and joining them to the ADD Domain, also using EndPoint with Conditional Access. Her machine shows in compliance.

Steps I have tried to fix the issue:
Uninstalling and reinstalling the following: Office, Teams, OneDrive. Sometimes this will work for a few minutes.
I have tried downgrading Office (16.0.15128.20248)

I have tried using the ODT to reinstall Office and it hangs during the download, and errors Out.
I have cleared Credential Manger.
Blew out her profile and rebuilt it.
Removed the auto discover entry from registry. (althogh supposidly that only affects Outlook)

I am lost and any help would be appreciated.  This has been going on for about three weeks.

0 Replies