Change User Number to Service Number

Brass Contributor

In S4B Online, is it possible to convert a user number into a service number?  We are working on moving a client to S4B PSTN Calling and since AA isn't available yet, we are going to use Team Call Groups to handle the primary incoming line to the business.  When AA is GA, we will want to change that number from a user number to a service number.

24 Replies

@Justin KingstonDitto... same experience on this end. After the port is completed, I fired off an email to 'ptn' and I received a prompt response of the conversion to a service number.  Thank you for the tip on requesting an LOA template. 

Pondering... what may happen if two LOA template forms were submitted together?  Would I get the same cut over date/time for both submitted templates? One LOA template for user type numbers and one LOA template for service type numbers.  Main goal is to have a single cut over date/time to set customer expectations and promptly restore voice communications.

--

Carnegie

Making assumptions, but they'd likely be submitted as two separate port orders, and my hit dates have always been a bit all over the place when having to submit manually, so personally I'd err on taking the half hour hit for a conversion vs. rolling the dice on two ports panning out to land at the same time if that's a concern.

My 'hack' for some of my ports has been to pre-write and schedule the conversion mail in Outlook to fire off at the time of the scheduled completion, or at least have it drafted and ready to send when you get notice (I have two of those sitting in my Drafts folder currently)

This is an old thread, but for anyone else that finds this, see the following article:

What you want to do? Do these steps and download the correct forms

Get new user phone numbers that aren't listed in the Microsoft Teams admin center.Download the New phone number request for the U.S. (user numbers) (v.3.0(en-us) form, fill it out and send it to us.
Get new service phone numbers that aren't listed in the Microsoft Teams admin center.For service numbers inside of the United States, please download this form, fill it out, and send it to us.
Get phone numbers transferred to us.Download one of these forms:
Letter of Authorization (LOA) for the U.S. (user and service numbers) (v.3.2)(en-us)
Letter of Authorization (LOA) for the U.S. (toll free numbers) (v.3.2)(en-us)

Note: If you are trying to get more than 999 subscriber or user phone numbers, you will need to fill out a Letter of Authorization (LOA) and send it to us. See Transfer phone numbers to Office 365 for more information.

Fill it out and send it to us.
Change a user's number to a service number.Send us your PIN and the list of user numbers you want to convert to service numbers. To set up a PIN, go here.
Transfer numbers from one Office 365 organization to another.Send us the list of user (subscriber) phone numbers you want to transfer along with the PIN of the source organization where you want to transfer the numbers from. To set up a PIN, go here.

Ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-phone-numbers-for-your-organization/phone-num...

@Mike Crowley 

Do you know what the process is for changing from a USER to a SERVICE number when using Direct Routing?  I would like to think there might be some PowerShell script for this?

The process you outline is what I use with a Business Voice tariff but I guess MS won't do that if a number is presented via a non-MS SBC route.

This has lately been taking more than that... Sometimes up to a month.