Unable to add metadata to SharePoint folders connected to a Team

Contributor

Hi there

I have an issue where I am trying to create a column of information to sort my SharePoint folders.  I have always been able to use the "edit in grid view" to do this and have never had an issue putting data in the new column.  

Today, I ran into an error on a Teams connected site.  When I tried to add info to the column on folders that were tied to a Teams channel, I get an error message that says "to update this folder, go to the channel in Microsoft Teams".  (photo of error attached)

I have absolutely no idea how to edit metadata in Teams on a folder and I am not sure why Microsoft has removed this ability from SharePoint.  

Has anyone else encountered this issue and how did you solve it?

Thanks  

2 Replies

@Mel_C13 we're having the exact same problem. Without the ability to add metadata we can't format and filter our library views. Any help would be appreciated.

@JarrodPirtle Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for you.  After weeks of trying to work with Microsoft support, their answer to me was that this was expected behavior and there was nothing they could do.  I am still looking for a solution.