Sharepoint Site Permissions Interface Missing for API created Subsite

Copper Contributor

Hi all, I'm hoping someone will have an idea about this. 

If I create a new subsite using the GUI, use unique permissions and create the default owners, members and visitors group, when I go to the subsite, click Settings (cog icon) and Site Permissions, the 3 groups are listed in the side panel with a 'Share site' button.

When I create a new subsite using REST API through FLOW, create the 3 groups manually, assign them roles and set them as the associated groups respectively, the groups no longer appear in the side panel and the 'Share site' button is not showing. You have to click through to the Advanced permissions settings page to share the subsite with users.

Does anyone know how I can get the 3 associated groups and the 'Share site' button to show up in the side panel for API created sites?

2 Replies

@philo77 Can you show us how you associated new groups with owners/members/visitors groups of subsite?

Refer this article doing same thing using PowerShell and see if you can replicate same logic in Power automate flow: SharePoint Online: Create Subsite with Unique Permissions using PowerShell 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap I use FLOW and the Send an HTTP request to first create each group and then associate a role definition with each group.
I then run the following powershell script:

$Owners_group = $site_name + ' Owners'
$Members_group = $site_name + ' Members'
$Visitors_group = $site_name + ' Visitors'

Set-PnpGroup -Identity $Owners_group -SetAssociatedGroup Owners -Owner $Owners_group
Set-PnpGroup -Identity $Members_group -SetAssociatedGroup Members -Owner $Owners_group
Set-PnpGroup -Identity $Visitors_group -SetAssociatedGroup Visitors -Owner $Owners_group

I also tried adding the -AddRole parameter as shown in the link you mentioned to no avail.