SOLVED

SharePoint library Content type Symbol

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I made a mistake and removed the file type column from my SharePoint Library. I am looking for help to get it back. 

This is what it previously looked like. 

obj082_0-1644782118036.png

What it looks like now.

obj082_1-1644782381195.png

The old version displayed a nice symbol for each item in the list and would add another symbol if the file was new. 

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by obj082 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
So to confirm my understanding, have you just removed this "Type" column from the view? (From the screenshots it seems like it). If it's only removed from the view, then you can go to Library Settings -> Views -> Click on the Library view that you are interested in -> Search for Field "Type (icon linked to document)" and select that Checkbox and Save the view. That should bring it back.
That fixed it. I was looking all over for that specific column but couldn't find it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by obj082 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
So to confirm my understanding, have you just removed this "Type" column from the view? (From the screenshots it seems like it). If it's only removed from the view, then you can go to Library Settings -> Views -> Click on the Library view that you are interested in -> Search for Field "Type (icon linked to document)" and select that Checkbox and Save the view. That should bring it back.

View solution in original post