SharePoint Home page using Chrome Browser keep requesting for credential.

Copper Contributor

Each time I launch Chrome Browser to access my SharePoint Default Home page,  It prompt for credentials. Once i close the browser and launch it again, the same popups.  Edge browser works fine...

Action already taken.....

1. I have added the SharePoint URL to Chrome trusted site.

2. I have allowed cookies for SharePoint in the browser

This is really frustrating.  Any Help will be much appreciated.  Chrome Browser shouldn't request for my credentials again because I have already done that. 

Thank you

Andrew

4 Replies
Hi AndrewXup, I understand that you're having trouble with Chrome prompting for your SharePoint credentials every time you launch the browser. I've looked into this issue and here are a few things you can try.

1) Clear your Chrome browser cache and cookies. This will delete any temporary files that Chrome has stored, including your SharePoint credentials. To do this, open Chrome and go to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data. Select the Cookies and site data and Cached images and files options, and then click Clear data.
2) Disable Loopback Check for SharePoint Server. Loopback Check is a security feature that prevents Chrome from accessing local resources. However, it can also prevent Chrome from remembering your SharePoint credentials. To disable Loopback Check, open Chrome and type chrome://flags in the address bar. Search for LoopbackCheck and change the setting to Disabled.
3) Try using a different browser. If you're able to access SharePoint without being prompted for credentials in Edge, then the problem is likely with Chrome. You can try using a different browser, such as Firefox or Opera, to see if that resolves the issue.
Hi Rahul-Kumar, thank you very much for your support but unfortunately Lookback check is not in the chrome://flags list. I have go through all the list but its not in it. I have even add the credential to the windows credential manager but still once i close chrome and launch again it will request for the login....

Hi AndrewXup, Sorry for late respons. It looks like the Lookback check flag is not yet available in Chrome. It is possible that it is still in development or that it is not yet ready for public release. In the meantime, you can try the following to avoid having to login to Chrome every time you open it.

Enable the "Continue where you left off" flag in Chrome://flags. This will allow Chrome to remember your tabs and extensions even after you close it.
Use a password manager to store your Chrome passwords. This will make it easier to login to Chrome without having to remember your passwords.
If you are using a corporate account, you may need to contact your IT department to get help with the Lookback check flag.

@AndrewXup - were you ever able to resolve this? I'm running in to the same problem and can't seem to get Sharepoint to stop prompting me for a password on Chrome. On Edge it seems to work as expected. Like you, I don't have any Loopback flags or "Continue" flags, so those aren't options for me. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

-Rob