(old) SharePoint domain URI redirect error

Copper Contributor

Hi community friends!

Since yesterday evening, a customer of me is experiencing a weird issue on two of their old SharePoint sites. Both sites are really old (approx. 10-14 years old) and were created as a Document Workspace. That last part is I think not an issue to this issue. I think the issue is related to the (subdomain) these two sites are using.

All other sites (which are working fine by the way!) are using this domain:

• xxx(tenantname).sharepoint.com (as in, the normal/default SharePoint domain name)

But the two sites that are not working are using this domain:

• xxx(tenantname)-portal1.sharepoint.com
  • xxx(tenantname)-portal2.sharepoint.com

So, as these two sites are not working, all the users of the customer, including us as admins are seeing this when clicking on the URL (I'm sorry, is partially in Dutch):

Koen_RealConnections_0-1707325597587.png

As the redirect URI is not working, I think it's related to the fact that both sites are using a different (sub)domain, than all the regular sites, which are working fine.

My question for you now is, does anybody might know how I can either change these two (sub)domains or add them to the SharePoint admin center?

Thank you very much already for your time and effort!

1 Reply
Hi, i have the same issue at an customer, but in my company and other customers all works fine. And the if i want to login to the Sharepointadmincenter there comes the same issue. That means that the complete SharePoint on this customer is down and i cant do anything. Did you get any fix? Help!!^^. I think that is an microsoft fail or not? did you get any fix?