Lookup help

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

Does anyone have any guidance on how to best use the lokoup field type... Basicaly, I have a form and I want to add the client company details and the client contact details.

I have a list of client companies and a list of client contacts (multiple contacts for each client company)

I have set up two lookup fields, one for client company and one for client contact.

I want it to select the client company, automatically also add the addresss fields and then, when i go to the client contact field, I want it to only display the contacts linked to the specific client company selected in the previous field.

Anyone have any good advice of their own or know of a good tutorial I can refer to?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

3 Replies
Hello, I've worked on Lookup alot, but I failed to clrearly understand your question. If you can expain or rephrase, it would be better.

@Muhittin 

Hi there,

Sure, no problem...

In the example screen shot below, there are two lookup fields, the first is acalled 'Account' and it finds details of client companies.... ie the company might be, say, Microsoft.

Then, having selected 'Microsoft' I go to the next lookup field and th eonly contacts it finds are those contacts that are connected to the 'Microsoft' account.

The functionality in this example is in Salesforce, our current CRM. It uses a table for Clients, a table for contacts and these two have a relationship between them...

Is something similar possible in Sharepoint? I have set up a list for 'Clients' and a list for 'Contacts' and I can use them as simple lookups but it's not really ideal...

Thanks!

Andrew

andrewmice_0-1586856361040.png

If you are looking for cascade functionality with Lookup fields, this is something not supported Today. You might need to take a look at customizing your list / document libraries forms with PowerApps