Linking Contents from SharePoint List to an Existing Excel Sheet

Copper Contributor

Hi guys! I'm looking into how to link all the contents in an online SharePoint List into an existing excel sheet in OneDrive. I know of a way to link the contents of an excel sheet to another excel sheet in OneDrive. Based on an example table in "Sheet 1" illustrated below:

ABC
1WeatherDistance 
2Intense Hot2 KM 

The below screenshot illustrates an example of "Sheet 2" (Not a table) in an excel sheet:

ABC

From the above illustrations, "A", "B", "C", "1", "2", "3", "4" are the cells in the excel sheet. Therefore, if I want the word "Intense Hot" from "Sheet 1" to appear at cell A2 of "Sheet 2", I would just need to put the expression,'Sheet 1'!A2 into A2 of "Sheet 2" and the word "Intense Hot" would be retrieved from A2 of "Sheet 1" and display it onto A2 of "Sheet 2".

The above-mentioned works for retrieving a content from an excel sheet to another excel sheet in OneDrive. But I'm wondering whether this similar function works between an online SharePoint List to an excel sheet in OneDrive, retrieving an information from a cell in an online SharePoint List and display it into a cell in an excel sheet in OneDrive. I need help in this, any methods and techniques are appreciated. Thanks in advance!  

1 Reply
You can't reference a SharePoint List from an Excel lookup, but you can use Power Automate to update Excel and could trigger this when an item is created or updated in the SharePoint List. https://sharepains.com/2020/06/08/super-fast-update-excel-using-power-automate/