SOLVED

How to view users in list with row level permissions?

Copper Contributor

My organisation has a SP list to which row-level permissions are applied, including for external users.  Is there a way I can check which users have permissions for a particular set of lines (filtered by reference)?  A view would be ideal.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by NSmith1080 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@NSmith1080 I don't think you can see which users have permissions on list items in list view (at a time for multiple list items) using OOTB way. 

You can check for list item permissions individually by following steps:

1. Click on ellipses (3 dots) next to list item & select "Manage access": ganeshsanap_0-1661151578106.png
  2. You can see who has access to list item on "Manage access" popup. If you want to see more detailed list, you can click on "Advanced" at the bottom of Manage access popup: ganeshsanap_1-1661151732095.png
  3. It will open classic permissions page for this particular list item.

If you want to list out the permissions for multiple list items at a time, you can achieve it using PowerShell. Check: PowerShell Script to Find Permissions at Item Level for a Particular SharePoint List 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you. I will talk to the powers that be about getting approval for the script.

@NSmith1080 

You can also use existing spfx web part from community which gives similar functionality 

https://github.com/pnp/sp-dev-fx-webparts/tree/main/samples/react-securitygrid 

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

@kalpeshvaghela   Thanks for this option.  I'll run it by my IT department.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NSmith1080 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@NSmith1080 I don't think you can see which users have permissions on list items in list view (at a time for multiple list items) using OOTB way. 

You can check for list item permissions individually by following steps:

1. Click on ellipses (3 dots) next to list item & select "Manage access": ganeshsanap_0-1661151578106.png
  2. You can see who has access to list item on "Manage access" popup. If you want to see more detailed list, you can click on "Advanced" at the bottom of Manage access popup: ganeshsanap_1-1661151732095.png
  3. It will open classic permissions page for this particular list item.

If you want to list out the permissions for multiple list items at a time, you can achieve it using PowerShell. Check: PowerShell Script to Find Permissions at Item Level for a Particular SharePoint List 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post