How to display a list of subsites on a modern site page

Brass Contributor

How to display a 'list of subsites' on a modern site page.

In classic sites we had de 'Content search' webpart.

In the modern site pages webparts I can not see this one.

8 Replies

You might be able create a blank web part page on sub site and add the custom list web part to it and then use the page viewer web part on parent site to display the sub site. 

This is not available on a 'Modern Site Page' :(

On a classic page, I can add the 'Content Search webpart', but not on a Modern Site Page.

Maybe a filter to sites in the webpart in Modern Site Pages 'marked content' ?

Well, bearing in mind there is not a modern WebPart that is a full replacement of the Content By Search WebPart, what you can do is just to create your own WebPart for this...we have done it for a customer and this is something that a SharePoint Developer can build quite fast.

Will there be a Modern Content Search Webpart? Highlighted Content does not allow to search for objects ot type Site. That would be easy to add, would it not?

Thanks. works great.

@DarthWaderI found your link a bit helpful but in my case it shows all the sites in the collection or hub and not only the sub sites on the current site. Maybe a query is an option but then I'm not too familiar with SharePoint to know what to look for.

For now I've slected the sites manually using the 'sites' web part. That will be a problem however because we expect many more sub sites to be created.