PST Import SAS URL Error

Copper Contributor

Hello question for you folks. My organization is in the middle of a project to migrate to O365. We have part of the government cloud and have a G3 and G1 licenses. As part of this project, I am trying to move user PSTs from local storage up to O365 using the PST import tool. I have follow the pre-reqs here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/use-network-upload-to-import-pst-files?vie...

However when I get into the wizard, the SAS URL gets stuck on "Retrieving SAS Key" until it ultimately fails on an "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error." Diagnostic info is below, but it means nothing to me.

Diagnostic information: {Version:17.00.6161.009,Environment:CUSPROD,DeploymentId:a568ef312f1347029b029ea877b1fcf5,InstanceId:WebRole_IN_1,SID:c96cb581-aac0-4ed9-bf77-f2f016f08f51,CID:5389db6b-96ec-4952-914e-fd0be5d6bfd7}
Time: 2021-03-01T16:22:07.5949412Z

I am not sure exactly what I am doing wrong. Has anyone else under a government plan experienced this error or this particular problem?

5 Replies
The government clouds have a different set of features available compared to the "multi-tenant" flavor of O365/Azure, so best open a support case to confirm whether this is even possible.

@Vasil MichevAlright will do. I was thinking it might have to do with tenant setup as I haven't had that issue before. Our O365 support partner didn't know immediately and it looks like I have to go through them within the O365 portal for support at least the way it is setup now. So I thought I would ask the community first.

Hi, I have the same error on 3 new tenants.
One of these is new and clear (without any configuration except configuration necessary to create new import job - according to docs). MS Tech support fails with resolving the problem. :\

@mnizzi 

Would suggest raise Microsoft ticket for this case

Hi @mnizzi,

Since you're on a government cloud plan, the features might differ. It might be worth confirming with support whether this feature is available within your setup. Additionally, check this article that might provide additional help in troubleshooting as it talks about a step-by-step process of network upload to import PST to Office 365 and in case you missed any steps it can help you.