After 40+ hours and being promised a callback from a manager, I have received no callback

Copper Contributor

I have been trying to resolve a long-standing support query (a migration with missing attachments), and finally, after 40+ hours and probably 100+ steps, I created a new ticket requesting specifically to have the issue escalated directly to a manager. I repeatedly get new agents who are assigned, lack the necessary context (many steps have now been tried) or are simply reading from standard documentation. They usually lack the context and often misunderstand the requirement. In most cases, I have discovered settings or methods myself which agents were unaware of. In some cases the support has actually been worse than useless, because it leads to unnecessary situations that need to be cleaned up. 

After opening a new ticket specifically requesting escalation to a manager, I received a callback from someone who apologised, and said someone would call me back.
When I sought clarity on the level of the person calling back, I was told categorically that a manager would call me either last night or by this morning. Morning has now passed, and yet again I am left trying to control the damage to my clients' and my own business with no recourse to a meaningful solution.

Is this how Microsoft thinks of its' customers?

Having exhausted the ticket system method, I am now trying this, in the hope that someone will tell me this is not normal or professional.

Failing that I will try reaching out to someone on Twitter!

3 Replies

Hi @optimystery 

I've been quite lucky with my dealings with 365 support, but I have heard of cases where things weren't handled brilliantly. I can't promise you'll get much luck here as this is primarily a user-to-user forum and while I've seen responses from various employees it's not guaranteed that they'll spot this among the other posts.

That said, I have seen @Russell Read assist users with support tickets that needed a nudge along - I'm unsure if he is still at that role at Microsoft, but he may be able to help. (apologies Russell if I've tagged you in erroneously) 

Also, do you have a partner with premier support? They may be able to apply some pressure their side.

Best regards,

Mark

Thanks, I have reached out to him directly.

I also tweeted office365 and received no reply after a couple of hours.

That's the first time I've seen that from any organization.