View Original Email Issue

Copper Contributor

Myself and other members of our office are having difficulty with the "View Original Email" option when receiving emails in Teams. It might work once, but then it will stop and we have to close teams entirely and start again to open another, and even then sometimes it won't work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can make this work, as we are having difficulty replying to our customers on a regular basis. Thanks in advance.

14 Replies

Hello @Steve_Carr_GC,

sometimes, clearing the cache of Microsoft Teams can resolve such issues.

1. If Teams is still running, right-click the Teams icon on the taskbar, and then select Quit.

2. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key + R

%userprofile%\appdata\local\Packages\MSTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Microsoft\MSTeams

• In the Run dialog box, enter the following path, and then select OK.

• Delete all files and folders in the directory.

• Restart Teams.

Clear Teams cache - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

I already did this a couple of times. It fixes the issue briefly, but after a couple of hours the issue is back again. Any permanent solution?
@f4022
I am having the same issue. It works for a couple of hours when I uninstall Teams completely than it stops again. Did you manage to find a solution?
Not as yet, it's still driving my team crazy. 😞
Just started to use this feature and now it doesn't work, seeing the same issue.
Clearing cache is only way we have found to fix it, but temporarily.
I do the new Teams method 2 on this article
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-administration/clear-teams-cache
I think I found an easier solution. If I switch back to classic teams I get a download original email link and can download and open in outlook. Using the new teams, you just see a link that states view original email but you can't open it or download it.
I'm seeing this too. Very annoying. Switching back to classic Teams isn't really an option, as it goes out of support next month.
We have the same problem in the new Teams.
A patch would be good. We use mails in Teams quite often

We also have users experiencing the same issue 😞

Many of our users are also facing this issue, Switching to classic team works fine . we can use it until MS roll back the old Teams , Probably we need to wait until Microsoft find a fix for the latest version of teams

@Steve_Carr_GC Same issue. Clearing cache works very temporarily. I opened a service ticket with microsoft but I'm not holding my breath.

Any updates ?

@jtiago  I get an email from microsoft that says they are still working on it. M/S rep said don't expect a fix for 6 months because there is a workaround - the file is in the File tab.