Unable to join teams meeting

Copper Contributor

this is still a major issue, that I cant seem to get working, even in cognito.

I have multiple different entities and domains each with their own logins etc.

I set  up a teams meeting via outlook (all domain emails are configured within outlook) and when I (meeting organiser) and some of the attendees (external clients) tried to join the meeting, we are getting the "Only people with access to this org can join this meeting"

Checked all the teams meeting policies and let anonymous people join a meeting is turned on (across each of our different domains), but I am also getting the same error as the meeting organiser and I am logged into the teams account for that meeting.

One other staff member was able to get into the meeting (they were invited as a different domain to the organiser domain, (we have not set up any cross domain trusts)).

I tried rebooting, logging out and back in again, creating a new meeting from a different account, I was able to get into the second meeting for the different account, but the clients were unable to join still getting the same error.

2 Replies
If you're going to schedule from the Outlook client with the Teams meeting add-in I suggest you create separate user profiles on your computer. You need to be signed in properly with the same account in Outlook and Teams when scheduling using the desktop versions. Or use Teams on the web with separate browser profiles/InPrivate sessions. As for the "anon join" policies it can take a while before the settings are active.
Hi Christian,

I was signed into the correct profile and have been able to successfully create, join and conduct meetings following the same methods as this meeting was set up.