10-04-2019 04:18 PM
10-04-2019 04:18 PM
I hosted a meeting, which I recorded. My organisation's internet connection dropped and we were forced out of the meeting. When I rejoined I had no option to stop recording - only start recording was an option. I thought we had lost the recording, however, 4 hours later it published. But every 4 hours since then it is publishing a new 4 hour video for an empty meeting (black screen, no audio). Nobody is left in the meeting. I have tried rejoining and ending the meeting, but still the recordings continue. Is there a way to force stop on recording an empty meeting?
10-06-2019 12:14 AM
12-03-2019 01:56 PM
I have just ran into the same issue:
- We had a Teams call yesterday with 4 other people, which I started to record.
- I didn't stop the recording when the call finished, I just assumed the recording would stop automatically after all attendees have left.
- The original recording never stopped. The call took us ~40 minutes but the 1st recording shows 4 hours.
- And then the recording kept going on and on, in empty chunks of 4 hours.
- After several chunks were recorded, I decided to Join back into the meeting.
- I verified that nobody was connected ("you are the only one here").
- Via the ellipsis (...) I saw the "Start recording" button (as if Teams was not recording, but it was!)
- So I tried to start recording, wait a few seconds, and then stop recording.
- Voila! Recording stopped.
- After a few hours, Teams started to record again, all by itself.
- Right now it's recording the 2nd 4 hour empty chunk after it restarted recording...
I don't think the Teams client has anything to do, as it seems to be a server issue, but do you think removing and reinstalling the Teams client in my PC may help?
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance,
12-03-2019 02:20 PM
12-04-2019 03:38 AM
04-18-2020 03:47 AM
I am facing the exact same issue atm - response from support yesterday: It may be a server side issue. @galborja
Still - every 4 hours I get a notification for a new recording stored on ms stream.
04-18-2020 11:10 AM
04-18-2020 11:11 AM
05-07-2020 09:37 AM
@Satish2805 I have version 1.3.00.12058 and I still do not have this functionality related to ending the meeting you discuss. I have a meeting which has been recording in 4 hour increments for the last 23 hours. How do I get this to stop? The article you directed to also said the pop out chat feature is available in the version identified in the article and I do not have that capability either. Please help.