Teams phone provisioning challenges

Bronze Contributor

Hi,

I have hit my head several.... too many times to the wall, but I believe now I found a logical reason to the issue. As there were not too much of details available I though to share the following log lines from AudioCodes C435HD, when the symptom is:

1. Device gives the provisioning code

2. On the aka.ms/devicelogin I follow the instructions

3. And the result is, the device shows [refresh code] message, and gives new code when I press it.

4. So phone provisioning did not work.

. . .local6.error E/BufferQueueProducer( 312): [com.microsoft.windowsintune.companyportal/com.microsoft.workaccount.workplacejoin.core.JoinActivity#0] disconnect: not connected (req=1)
. . .local6.warn W/libEGL ( 2375): EGLNativeWindowType 0x7c1242b010 disconnect failed
. . .local6.warn W/LibraryConfiguration( 1959): [2022-09-28 14:15:46 - thread_name : Thread-33, correlation_id : UNSET] MsalConfiguration was already initialized Android 28
. . .local6.info I/IpPhoneCompanyPortalReceiver( 2289): ProcessId: 2289, Thread: main, Received Action: com.microsoft.skype.teams.ipphone.NOTIFY_STATUS , CompanyPortalReasonCode 2, CompanyPortalStatus 0, FailureReason 5
. . .local6.error E/IpPhoneCompanyPortalReceiver( 2289): ProcessId: 2289, Thread: main, is User ID empty: true
. . .local6.error E/IpPhoneCompanyPortalReceiver( 2289): ProcessId: 2289, Thread: main, is userPrincipalName empty: true
. . .local6.debug D/UserBITelemetryManager( 2289): ProcessId: 2289, Thread: main,
. . .local6.error E/EnrollmentProcessor( 2289): ProcessId: 2289, Thread: main, Loading Welcome Activity with failure message Couldn’t connect to Workplace Join. Try again, or contact your admin., reasonCode 2, failureReason 5
. . .local6.error E/EnrollmentProcessor( 2289): ProcessId: 2289, Thread: main, launch activity context: DevicesLoginActivity
. . .local6.warn W/MicrosoftStsOAuth2Strategy:TokenResult( 1959): [... - thread_name : pool-22-thread-5, correlation_id : ****] Failure Result Android 28
. . .local6.warn W/MicrosoftStsOAuth2Strategy:TokenResult( 1959): [... - thread_name : pool-22-thread-5, correlation_id : ****] Error: authorization_pending Android 28

The solution what I found was, Intune limits how many device one account could have, and that seems to be five. When you open your device's user account on Azure AD and look the devices:

PetriX_0-1664376369019.png

If there are five devices, then you are not able to provisioning more devices to that user ID. Normally you should have only one, but if you are testing different things you might to this issue.

1 Reply

And of course I forgot to mentioned how to get the logs out from the device. Here is admin guide from AudioCodes: c448hd-c450hd-ip-phone-for-microsoft-teams-users-and-administrators-manual-ver-110.pdf 

From that document, find the following topics:

Remote logging (Syslog)

Capturing Traffic Using 'rpcapd'

For the Packet Capture you could use the legendary NetMon or WireShark. For the SysLog AudioCodes have also nice viewer: AudioCodes Downloads: Syslog Viewer